Constrained-layer damping compound
Primarily used to control noise from being transmitted to or from adjacent spaces, RoomDamp2 also offers huge sound quality characteristics.
Sold in five gallon pails, it is easily applied with a low-nap paint roller to the back-side of a second layer of sheathing for a wall, floor and/or ceiling.
Typical wall, floor and ceiling construction methods resonate like drums, making the room sound slow and muddy by re-radiating energy back into the room later in time. By adding a finish layer with RoomDamp2 compound in-between, low frequency vibrations, resonances and reverberations are minimized. The room responds much quicker, making it more articulate, dynamic and linear.
Transmission loss, frequency response, and reverberation times are audibly and measurably improved!
- Reduces sound transmission to and from other rooms.
- Eliminates the common coincident vibration at about 2 kHz. when two layers of sheathing are fastened together.
- Eliminates cavity resonances from playing back and lingering in the room.
- Improves the low frequency articulation and speed of the room.
- Improves visceral impact- the room is fast and punchy.
- Improves dynamics and resolution. The room quickly quiets, no longer masking low level details.
I have used RoomDamp 2 on many studio projects and find it works extremely well.
We use it on walls with either (2) or (3) layers of 5/8” gyp. We find the results are a tighter low end and better isolation performance than without RD2. I like it allot– smells allot less then green glue as well!!! I have used RoomDamp 2 on about a dozen projects.
I used RD-2 on all of the Airshow rooms – East & West! Also at Mickey Hart’s new studio, & the Music District in Ft Collins Col.I really like RD-2!!! We are happy to recommend it!
We want you to be completely satisfied with your EVPs’. If there is an issue for example: damage from shipping, the order is not correct, etc., please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can work with you to make it right.
Note that EVPs’ are handmade and that molded fiberglass may have some imperfections. We reject pads that will not comply with performance standards prior to placing into inventory.
Please inform us of damage or order error within 5 days of receiving.
Thirty (30) day money back guarantee (from receive date) is our policy. If you feel the product has not performed as claimed, please follow these instructions:
- Request a Return Authorization by emailing us within 30 days of receive date and inform us of the reason for the refund request, and include your Invoice number.
- Ship the product back to us via any carrier you prefer.